We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Updated on 25 May 2018
When do we collect information about you?
We collect information when you purchase a product or request other services from us, whether online on our website or offline including when you contact our customer services via phone, email or in person.
What are cookies?
A Cookie is a small file of text which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser, as with most websites, when you visit our website and use certain pages or features on the site, especially when placing an order. It enables our own system to recognise you when you visit our website again and improve our service to you. This information can be used to enhance the content of our website and make your use of it easier. For more information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
What information do we collect?
We collect a variety of information from you, depending upon where the data comes from. Cookies, when combined with Google Analytics, will allow us to see mostly anonymous data including browser information, your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We use it to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using our website. We also collect your personal data such as name, address, telephone number and email address when you place an order.
Why do we collect this information?
Your personal data will be collected to process your order and manage your account. We may also use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits. If you choose to withhold any personal data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of our website, or for us to respond to your query.
Using Your Personal Data
We use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
Security of personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
You can use the settings of your browser to block, or delete cookies as you wish. Do please note that blocking cookies may slow down your experience on our website, or cause issues with placing an order, as cookies are often required to help with a smooth checkout process!
If you have any questions about our cookies policy or feedback please contact us on 01432 272 849 or via our contact us page link at the top of the page.